March 24th, 2020
Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. The global COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all our families, our businesses, our communities, and our way of life. During this challenging time, it is our commitment to deliver you continuous updates on how this situation is impacting Technimark, our overall response strategy and how our customers may be impacted.
We remain focused on ensuring the health of our employees, deterring the spread of the virus and the seamless flow of high-quality products for our customers. Given the critical nature of this situation, we wanted to share a few key updates we felt would be valuable.
Technimark is classified as a “ESSENTIAL BUSINESS” business in the U.S.
Many of the products Technimark manufactures are considered lifesaving, critical for care, or necessary for people to keep themselves and their environments clean and healthy. For these reasons and per the Department of Homeland Security’s Critical Infrastructure guidelines, Technimark is classified as an Essential Business during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis by the Federal Government and every State in which we operate. Which means our facilities are approved to remain in business and expected to continue production during this unprecedented event. By definition, critical infrastructure industries are those ‘whose assets, systems, and networks, whether physical or virtual, are considered so vital to the United States that their incapacitation or destruction would have a debilitating effect on security, national economic security, national public health or safety, or any combination thereof’ (from the DHS fact sheet on Critical Infrastructure Sectors).
Technimark is operating per best practices guidance given by the CDC, Government Leadership and Health Departments
Technimark is taking preemptive and best practice actions in all our facilities around the world to ensure the safety of our employees and to deter the spread of the virus. Our team, along with support from external experts, continues to develop and implement companywide coronavirus strategies and action plans as the situation evolves.
More specifically, Technimark has formed a COVID-19 Leadership Team who has pandemic oversite, assuring proper knowledge and resources are available at each site. Below are some of the elements of our global response plan, including:
- Sharing frequent updates with our employees in multiple formats – open communication is paramount to this effort
- Implemented training and resources for proper cleaning and disinfecting along with a regimented schedule
- Implemented social distancing techniques and guidelines in our manufacturing facilities
- Providing masks to employees and requiring them to be worn while at work
- Asking all employees that can work remotely to do so
- Set strict travel restrictions
- Established protocols for an actual or suspected outbreak
- Enforcing return-to-work guidelines for different potential quarantine situations
- Temperature checking for staff and visitors prior to allowing site accesses
- Greatly limiting visitors/contractor access and implementing a pre-visit assessment of each necessary non-employee entrant to our facilities
- Clearly instructing employees who are symptomatic for COVID-19 to not come to work
Rest assured, Technimark’s focus remains on providing an uninterrupted supply of quality products, and we will actively monitor this situation and communicate any and all updates. We will continue to evaluate and identify risks in our supply chain, and we will implement mitigation plans where required. Working together with increased communication and transparency, we will get ahead of any challenges and quickly address issues as they come up. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Technimark account and customer service team.
Finally, and most importantly, our hearts go out to everyone who has been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. We extend our heartfelt wishes.